Find a Property
Looking and applying for properties can be stressful and time consuming. You can use our ‘Find a Property to Rent’ search tool to view all currently, and soon to be, available properties which match your criteria.
Booking an Inspection
Once you have found a property that you’re interested in, you then need to book an inspection.
You can book an inspection on our website. Once you have found the property you are interested in, click on the Book Inspection and select a time that is suitable.
If there are no times available or the times don’t suit, you will need to contact the office on 08 9921 4455 directly to book an inspection.
Looking for a property to rent?
Properties Available to Rent
Can I apply for a property without seeing the property in person?
Due to regulations stated in the updated RTA (Residential Tenancy Act) you must view the property yourself to be able to apply for the property. The act does not allow for others to view the property on your behalf. Unfortunately if you don’t meet these criteria, we cannot process your application. We understand that this sounds quite harsh and unreasonable but if you have any questions in regards to this please contact the office or the Property Investment Manager and we will try and assist you as much as possible.
Submitting your application
Once you have viewed the property, you are then able to submit your application for tenancy.
You must provide the following or else your application will not be processed:
- CENTRELINK: If you are self employed or currently receiving any government benefits (ie: Youth Allowance, Austudy or a single parenting income) you MUST provide your Income Statement from Centrelink confirming the amount you receive.
- HOME OWNERS: If you have no previous rental history through a Real Estate Agency, due to home ownership in the past, please provide reference details for either an agent who has sold your property, details of mortgage repayments and/or rental income you will be receiving from this asset.
- THE FORM: Fill out the application form IN FULL; ensure that you have covered all sections. More information is better than not enough. Any incomplete applications will not be processed until they are completed.
- PROOF OF INCOME
- ID: Along with your application and references, 100 point Identification check is required.
A minimum of 1 of these MUST have a photograph:
Current Tenant History Ledger/Statement (25), Drivers Licence (40), Passport (70), Current Landline Phone Account (25), Current Gas/Electricity Account (25), Other Photo ID with DOB (40), Current Wage Advice (35), Birth Certificate (70), Bank Statement (35), Previous Tenancy Written Reference (25), Debit/Credit Card (25), Medicare Card (25)
APPLICATIONS TO BE SUBMITTED IN PERSON TO:
Activewest Real Estate, 61 Marine Terrace, Geraldton WA 6530
Processing Your Application
Here’s what we’ll look at when processing your application:
- Double check that you have fully completed your application form including all the attachments that we require;
- We’ll check your identification to ensure that all details line up as they should;
- We then do a basic affordability test for all people applying on your lease to make sure that the rent is within your means;
- We’ll contact your employer to ensure your employment and income details are current and correct.
- All applicants will be checked against a national tenancy database so that we’re aware of any past discrepancies in rental payments or prior property damage;
- Applications that meet our criteria will be passed to the property owner who’ll make the final decision on which application to progress;
- If you’re application is selected we will notify you immediately to arrange a sign-up meeting, unsuccessful applicants will be notified as soon as a tenant is secured.
How long does it take to process an application?
We will endeavour to have an answer to you within 48 hours. It may be longer if we have trouble contacting all of your references. The final decision of who is successful and non-successful is always the landlord’s decision. If your application is approved the holding fee you paid will be put towards your rent but if you are unfortunately declined we will refund the monies to the nominated bank account in your application. So please be patient and we will be in touch to advise you of the status of your application.
Accepting & Signing The Lease
Once you have been accepted for a property we will make an initial phone call to advise that your application has been successful and to arrange a time for you to come and sign the lease. This confirmation is also sent in an email outlining all of your requirements prior to signing the lease.
In order to secure the property we require all individuals who will be on the lease to visit us at our office at the prearranged time.
When you meet with us we will carefully explain the details of the lease including our expectations and obligations. As we need to explain all your tenancy details thoroughly, please allocate up to 45 minutes for your tenancy induction. We will also explain our zero tolerance policy for late rent payment, the bond lodgement process, and action for emergency repairs. At this point you will be required to sign the lease, provide a receipt of deposited monies (as outlined in your confirmation email) and your keys will be available once this is completed.